You will engage in discussions and gain insight on how to further cultivate your career and increase your skills. You will interact with your assigned mentor by phone and/or face-to-face online meetings. Also, if your mentor lives in your community, we encourage you to meet in person. Our goal is to provide you the tools and opportunity to cultivate a career changing relationship.
Please note this program is intended to build skills, increase high level management and leadership knowledge and does not replace your day-to-day job specific supervision at your workplace.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Submission of the mentorship application and signed mentor and mentee guidelines
- $50 commitment fee required upon acceptance to the program (non refundable)
- Proof of employment
- Availability to participate throughout the length of the program (8 months, October 2018 – June 2019)
- Access to internet connection: minimum- DSL or cable connection
Please note that failure to complete the full application will result in rejected application
Responsibilities as a mentee include:
- Willingness to do my best to interact with my mentor with professionalism, be cautious of his/her time, and come to sessions prepared.
- Commitment to developing a professional relationship of trust and respect on subjects related to the social work and human services field.
- Participate in orientation.
- Commitment to meet with my mentor on a monthly basis for the purpose of receiving mentoring.
- Inform the coordinator of the date and time of monthly meetings.
- Provide written feedback to the program coordinator on the designated check-in dates.
- Inform the program coordinator of any issues that may occur during the mentoring process.
- Notify the coordinator about termination of the program if termination will occur prior to designated termination date.
- Complete program evaluations.
- Participate, if possible, in the final program event i.e. 2019 Conference.
The application period for the International Mentorship Program is currently closed