Once mentors are enrolled in the program, they are matched with emerging leaders with corresponding interests.
- Member of The Network for Social Work Management
- Academic credentials: MSW or other Master level degree
- 10+ years of experience as a manager in the human services sector
Bilingual, Spanish speaking mentors are encouraged to apply (Note: this is not a requirement)
Responsibilities as a mentor with the program and with a mentee include:
- Willingness to do my best to improve the mentee’s skills by promoting his/her professional development, enhancing his/her leadership skills and developing his/her knowledge of management.
- Commitment to developing a professional mentee-focused relationship of trust and respect on subjects related to the social work and human services field.
- Commitment to meet with my mentee on a monthly basis for the purpose of providing mentoring.
- Inform the coordinator of the date and time of monthly meetings with mentee.
- Provide written feedback about the progress of mentoring to the program coordinator on the designated check-in dates.
- Inform the program coordinator of any issues that may occur during the mentoring process.
- Notify the coordinator about termination of the program if termination will occur prior to designated termination date.
- Complete program evaluations.
- Participate, if possible, in the final program event i.e. 2019 Conference.
The application period for the International Mentorship Program is currently closed